Normally I love making lists of books, but I agonize over these end of the year favorites lists. After reviewing all the books that I read this year I discovered that this is the first time in many years that I read more adult (non-YA) books that YA books. Does this mean I am a real grown-up now? I hope not! I also noted that this was a year dominated by science fiction, fantasy, and amazing graphic novels. Ok, let’s get started!
- The String Diaries by Stephen Lloyd Jones.
2. Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff.
3. Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson.
4. Uprooted by Naomi Novik.
5. The Passenger by Lisa Lutz. (This is a bit of a tease as it isn’t due out until March 2016)
6. Bingo’s Run by James Levine.
7. Lock In by John Scalzi.
8. The Martian by Andy Weir.
9. Descender, vol.1: Tin Stars by Jeff Trillium.
10. Rat Queens, vol. 1: Sass and Sorcery and vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N’rygot by Kurtis Wiebe.
Of course, I can’t finish this list without mentioning some of my favorite YA books.