Last week a super special event was held -right here in Cleveland, OH! Bouchercon, The World Mystery Convention, went from Thursday, October 4th through Saturday, October 6th and it was *awesome*! There were so many authors, big names and new names, talking about so many topics in the different author panels, that it was almost too much to take in -but we did our best!!
Articles were published in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, before and during the convention, and do a nice job of bringing the event to life! But of course, I have a few more details I’d like to share, just in case you decide you’d like to go next year!
My Top Five Boucheron Newbie Tips!
1. Be prepared to see some of your favorite authors -in the hallways, the lobby area, the Hospitality Suite, or even in the audience! It’s a little disconcerting the first few times it happens, but maybe the surprise would eventually wear off? (I think it might take more than one conference for some of us…)
2. If you want to know how to write a mystery, or how published authors write a mystery, then this is a* must have* experience for you!
3. Be prepared to discover authors new to you, and make time to read, read, read -once the conference is over!
4. The after-hours events sure sound like there were a great time! You may want to consider working those into your plans -which I will next time!!
5. Look over the program guide, and then look again, and again… And then maybe follow a new favorite author around. (That is to say, “Don’t worry! There’s always something good happening somewhere!”)
And most of all -Enjoy!!