Ah, the time of year for lists! Here we go:
1. State of Wonder by Ann Patchett – totally engrossing reading with amazing character development!
2. The Tiger’s Wife by Tea Obreht – like reading a fable but for grownups!
3. Please Look After Mom by Kyong-suk Shin – heartbreaking family drama!
4. Close Your Eyes by Amanda Eyre Ward – not every family has secrets like these!
5. Velva Jean Learns to Fly by Jennifer Niven – loved the first Velva Jean and loved the second too!
6. The Sisters by Nancy Jensen – a generational tale spanning decades!
7. Summers in France by Kathryn Ireland – French farmhouse living + decorating + style = LOVE it!
8. Train Dreams by Denis Johnson – compelling novella!
9. Desserts from the Famous Loveless Cafe by Alisa Huntsman – I bake in my spare time!
10. The Road by Cormac McCarthy – I finally got around to reading it and WOW!
11. James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl – read it with my kids this time and it is still awesome!